9/7/08

Speech of Silence~Episode 1

I must say that this series does sound a bit more original and exciting, but I’m only watching the first few episodes before I decide whether to watch on, as I don’t like Kate that much...
It started with Kate and a group of others in a studio, doing voiceovers for a movie.

Photobucket

At her dad’s shop Kate was able to wow everyone by remembering what all 6 of the people ordered. At that time, you still couldn’t tell that Kate was deaf until someone said she was fully deaf in her left ear and partially deaf in her right.

Photobucket

In the kitchen, Kate had knocked over a knife and her dad called out ‘Be careful!’ to her but she couldn’t hear him... She had lost her hearing when years ago there was a fire and the explosion had left her deaf.

Elaine, who plays Kate’s sister, seems to be portrayed as a girl who would betray love for money. Kate’s brother, Stephen, doesn’t seem as materialistic as Elaine but was still complaining about his computer being s-l-o-w.

Photobucket

At a computer shop, Kenneth comes in looking very suspicious (typical baseball cap pulled down low, black rucksack.) When he sees the security guards walking past, he walks away quickly. He accidentally bumps into Kate and Stephen said: ‘That guy was acting all suspicious next to you. There’s a lot of perverts nowadays videoing under girl’s skirts and uploading them onto the net!’

Photobucket

So then Kate followed Kenneth where she saw him put the bag down right next to a bunch of cheerleaders, which made him even more suspicious to Kate.

Kate: ‘You pervert! You really are videoing up girl’s skirts!’
Kenneth: ‘What?! Don’t talk rubbish! Everyone, you have mistaken me!’
Kate: ‘Mistaken? I saw it with my own eyes!’
Kenneth: ‘Miss, since when are there tall, handsome perverts? Go get your eyes checked.’
Kate: ‘Don’t you deny it. I saw it with my own eyes. Everybody, quickly call the police! I’ll be the witness.’
Kate grabs onto his arm as he tries to leave and accidentally steps on him
Kenneth: ‘Calm down, I’ll show you.’ He brings out a voice recorder, ‘See, I told you to get your eyes checked. This is a voice recorder, not a video camera. If voice recorders could video, I would have won the Noble Award la!’

Photobucket

Turns out that Kenneth is helping his auntie with voiceovers. He is able to recognise many different noises that different things make. His aunt says: ‘Aah, you really are the voiceover king’s son!’ Kenneth doesn’t like to talk about his dad though because he left him and his mother when he was very young. Kenneth’s real job, though, is working in his grandfather’s noodle factory with Chris Lai.

Photobucket

Kenneth’s aunt had actually been puzzling over what equipment to use for a certain type of weapon, and Kenneth was able to figure it out. The sound/voiceover was actually for a weapon that Bosco used in War of In-Laws I!

Photobucket

Kate although failing to impress the director before, is able to do a voiceover for a tongue twister because Claire had unfortunately grown lots of ulcers from eating spicy foods and couldn’t do it anymore. The customer had chosen her after seeing her able to expertly remember and repeat clearly everyone’s orders.

Kate opens the door into the studio just as Kenneth is leaving and the door hits Kenneth's forehead. Ouch! When Kenneth's aunt (Kingdom) inrtoduces him as OK仔 to Kate, she say: 'The name is OK仔 is no use, his personality isn't OK.'

'A name like 棠棠 is no use either if the person isn't sweet. Why don't you call yourself chilli?'

Photobucket

Kate stuffed up at first because everyone was so noisy and distracted her, so she took out her hearing aids. Unfortunately though, she left them behind in the studio. Kenneth had stayed behind and saw something about to fall on Kate’s head, so rushed over to catch it for her. Kenneth: ‘Are you deaf. I was so loud, and you still couldn’t hear me!’

When he was trying to save her, he accidentally stepped on and broke her hearing aids. Picking them up, Kate said: ‘yews, I am deaf, but better than you being blind!’

Photobucket

Thoughts: I am not to say I am impressed with the first studio, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Though there were a LOT of Kate scenes. In my opinion, it was a bit cliché, the idea of Kenneth and Kate being enemies, and then, of course, eventually falling in love. At first Kate’s voice bugged me a bit because it sounded really childish, but I later found that it suited her friendly, naïve, personality quite well. My decision is that, for now, I will continue watching this series until further notice... (Gosh, I sounded like a school principal or something...!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) Haha. I was thinking about who Kenneth was trying to voice over, but then I remembered about Bosco wearing a mask in War Of In-Laws.