12/7/08

MUST READ

I have just finished reading Twilight, the first of the Twilight series.

It is absolutely amazing. I have never loved or anticipated book so much and I am literally dying to read the next book, New Moon, but sadly, Edward isn't going to be in it much... I hope Stephenie Meyer is able to make it just as intriguing.

This book is a must read. It should be compulsory for every single person in the world to read this book. It was so beautifully written and planned that it described things I thought were indescribable with perfection. I found myself sometimes holding my breath in excitement as my hands flipped through page after page.

My feelings while reading fluctuated greatly, usually in the extremes. At moments I found myself laughing and shouting 'YES!' in delight. At others I squealed and cringed in embarrassment with Bella. Towards the end, I had tears in my eyes, while keenly turning page after page, staying up till 3AM in the morning to finish the book.

I never thought I would like stories about vampires and werewolves, and that's just what this book implied, but it surprised me by being one of the best romance novels I have read. the characters displayed such true emotions and love for each other, willing to give up themselves for their other half. It is unlike many teenage chick lit books nowadays that are perhaps too shallow.

Isabella Swan: Bella is extremely clumsy, able to trip over her own feet, so things can't be good when she meets impossibly beautiful Edward Cullen. She is surprised by his coldness towards her at the start. However, after realising that there's a very big chance of him being a vampire, she doesn't try to stay away from him, instead she does all she can to get him to reveal his dark secret.

Edward Cullen. The scent of Bella's blood makes him go wild, but he somehow manages to control his senses and instinct with his deep love towards her. He blames himself when Bella is put in danger. He knows they should stay away from each other, but he simply can't. And neither can she. He is ashamed of his selfishness. He knows that he is threatening to Bella's life by just existing, but he grows tired of trying to stay away from her.

Bella so desperately wants him to be close to her, and Edward knows that that is exactly the reason why he should leave... not exactly tragic, but truly exposes the meaning of what we call 愛不能愛.

While I was eagerly devouring every little detail in the book, I also felt like I should slow down, I didn't want it to end, but that was impossible. It left me...

breathless. This book just couldn't be improved on... while something dark and sinister is always lurking, it pulls at your heart strings so much that somehow, without noticing, you slowly fall in love with this couple.

No comments: