11/8/08

Speech of Silence~Episode 17

小生’s dad came out of the blue, apologizing and asking Claire to go back with him to America.

Kenneth took Kate out to an art exhibition, and was about to hold her hand, but then some kids ran through them. Kenneth wanted to go buy some drinks and Kate said she needed to go to the restroom, so they agreed to meet at a CD store. Kate however couldn’t read his lips wrong and went to the wrong place. After waiting for a long time, they went around trying to find each other. Kate was really unhappy that Kenneth had hurt his leg trying to look for her.

Photobucket

As she turned to leave, Kenneth caught her arm and hugged her, but Kate pulled away, as she couldn’t hear what he was saying to her. Kenneth stood, stunned as Kate walked away.

Photobucket

Chris told Kenneth that there are seven things that all successful men should have: money, face, house, car, a woman, a job and a handsome face.
Chris: The only thing you don’t have is a woman and a handsome face, but what about me? I only have the handsome face. Women need eight things: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, safety. They need to feel like everything they want will last forever.

Kenneth and Chris dressed up magicians for a new year’s party and Elaine got Kate to come. Kenneth asked her to be his volunteer and produced a ring from inside her necklace.
Kenneth: Even though we cannot be like other couples, it doesn’t matter. The most important thing is that you understand how I feel. Will you marry me? I will love you forever and we’ll be a very special couple. We will be happier than other couples, believe me.

<Photobucket

She reached out towards the ring, but his smile faded when she gently closed the locket.
Kate: I’m sorry, but I cannot accept this ring.
Then she turned and ran out. Kenneth chased after her and grabbed onto her arm.
Kenneth: 棠棠, I’m serious!
Kate: I’m serious too. The problem between us can’t be solved. Even if you can touch me now, touch yourself, the truth won’t change.
Kenneth: What are you saying? I can’t hear you.
Kate:
That’s what our problem is.
Kenneth gently let go of her arm as the crowd around them counted down to the New Year.

Photobucket

No comments: